Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

I have been listening to this song over and over again.

I am not a Smashing Pumpkins fan. I like the band, some great songs - but, not a fan. Never even owned an album.

However, this ONE song stirs up emotions that are linked to my adolescence.

I don't even think I heard it A LOT, or recorded it on a VHS tape from MTV, or burned it into a CD.

As soon as it starts, a veil of happiness and tranquility drops on me. I feel carefree somehow. I feel better, all of the sudden.

I think I just wanted to share that, it's a great song, but even as I type this while listening to the song I notice I don't even know the lyrics, I don't even know what this song is ABOUT!

How can a piece of music do this without it being something you have memorized and sung thousand times over?

Music has always been such an intricate part of my life; intertwined with experiences and life moments, but I have to admit sometimes I am amazed at how a song moves me.

It is almost out of the blue.

Any song ever do that to you?


No comments: